The difference between an original 6w adapter and a non-original adapter
The original 6w power adapter is better in theory, but you may not feel the difference. Usually, the load allows a safe range of input voltages, such as 5% plus or minus nominal values. If the input voltage is too high or too low, it will cause the protective circuit to act and stop working.
But before the protective circuit, the voltage stabilizing circuit has to work within the upper limit or lower limit. In principle, it has a certain influence on the device, but at the current point of view, the reliability of electronic components has been pretty good. As long as it is within the scope of design, there is rarely a problem and age is no shorter than the life of the original.
The more important problem may be the data security of the device. The sudden automatic protection and stop working can be a terrible thing for the device, such as the laptop. For the original power supply, the manufacturer knows what kind of load to plug in, so it is easy to calculate the nominal voltage and current of the power supply.
The nominal voltage of the power supply shall meet the following two conditions: first, when the maximum current is output, the nominal voltage minus the voltage drop of the power supply itself shall be greater than 95% of the voltage required by the load. Second, when the minimum current is output, the design voltage minus the voltage drop of the source itself should be less than 105% of the voltage required by the load.
However, if a non-original 6w power adapter is used, such as a general-purpose transformer, the above problems cannot be seriously considered. In this case, users have to try their best to obtain compatibility from the power supply parameters. However, the internal resistance of each adapter is different, and the allowable error of the nominal voltage may be different, and the range of voltage variation under the nominal current output may be different.
If the relationship between the output power and the output voltage is not carefully measured, there is a certain risk in principle, but this risk is very small. Because as long as you choose a power source with a large enough nominal current, there will be no problem of excessive internal resistance, and the ripple coefficient can also be reduced by the voltage stability inside the book. Though the original 6w power adapter is indeed better than the non-original, it is usually fine to choose a non-original power supply with higher output current.
- May 7, 2019Power injector for POE, also known as PoE power supply, is the PSE terminal equipment in PoE power supply system. There are two kinds of PSE devices, one is power switch for ethernet, the other is pow...view
- April 8, 2019Common faults and troubleshooting methods of wall plug in adapter: 1. Circuit fault Line fault, including power line failure, poor contact oxidation contact, etc. Check whether the input line and ...view
- April 8, 2019It is inevitable that the power adapter will get hot, especially in summer. In fact, as long as the temperature of the adapter is in the design range, there is generally no danger. The adapter on th...view
- April 8, 2019The power adapter is a small portable electronic equipment and electronic appliances power supply conversion equipment, generally by the shell, power transformer and rectifier circuit composition....view
- May 7, 2019Ethernet started decades ago, and this technology has fostered a strong group of Ethernet suppliers, which has led to a rapid development of the product ecosystem. With the improvement of the performa...view
- May 7, 2019How to select suppliers for power adapter customization?It's a really thoughtful question. If you don't have a clue, let's take a look here to help you quickly narrow down and find your own power adap...view